Real Change



For the caterpillar to become a butterfly it must change!

Real change, lasting change does not come from any outside source, including your will power! It only comes from a deep inner change within your heart and mind! It comes when you determine in your heart that you have a purpose, that you have potential, and that God has a plan! When you understand those three things you will begin to understand that only an inner transformation can produce the results you want in your life!

Several years ago I was a teacher in a private Christian school.  The annual auction was just around the corner and they didn’t have any entertainment for the event.  They approached me and asked if I could take on this responsibility.  At first I hesitated because I had never done something like this before and I didn’t see how I could accomplish such an incredible task.  I went home that afternoon and prayed about their proposition.  As I sat there God reminded me of His ability to do the impossible, His willingness to provide everything I need, and His power to create something out of nothing with just a Word from His mouth!

Every time I gave a reason why it couldn’t be done I felt a prompting from his Spirit countering my thoughts of inferiority.  I kept thinking, “I am not a director.  I am not a song writer.  I am not a choreographer.  There is no way!”  But just as I was finished silently speaking a mental list of my inabilities, the tune to a familiar song came to mind, and a picture of some of the students came into my mind’s eye.  I took out a sheet of paper and a pencil and began writing.  Before I knew it I had written the words to a song that went with the theme of the auction to the tune of the song that had come to mind.

When I finished I thought of a close friend who loved to dance and knew how to do choreography.  I called her and asked if she would be interested in helping me with this venture. She quickly agreed.  The next day I approached the students and they were excited about the idea.  We met in the gym that day and for several days after, working on the project.  The next week we presented the idea to the auction committee and they loved it!

As the day of the auction approached I was excited and nervous at the same time!  On the day of the auction I was praying and reading the Bible.  I read four Scriptures.  Jeremiah 29:11-13, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”  Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Luke 18:27, “But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”  And Isaiah 43:19, “Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?  I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”

An inner transformation had taken place in me over the course of those few weeks!  What I thought was impossible became possible!  What I thought I was incapable of doing, I accomplished!  Nothing from the outside changed my beliefs or abilities!  It was my willingness to allow God to do a work deep within my heart and mind; revealing His purpose, my potential, and His plan!  These three things produced the results I desired!  And because of my willingness to listen and obey thousands of dollars were raised that night, the people were entertained, the students were inspired to pursue more acting and singing opportunities, and my faith was strengthened!  This kind of inner transformation is available to everyone if you are willing to listen and obey!  

What is God calling you to do?  What is your purpose?  What limiting beliefs do you need to release in order to discover your potential?  Spend time in prayer and the Word asking God to reveal His plan and then be willing to make the changes necessary so you can accomplish it!
written by Holly True Verret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...