Carrots, Eggs, and Coffee Beans - How Do You Respond to Adversity?

At one time or another we all go through difficult, disappointing, and challenging times.  Times that try our faith and patience.   None of us are immune to the tough times life brings our way.

We shouldn't be surprised when adversity knocks on our door, but I can honestly say (with conviction) when trouble shows up in my life I usually am caught off guard and surprised by it. I shouldn't be but most of the time I am.  After all, Jesus taught us, "In this world you shall have tribulation (another word for trouble and adversity) but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world."

Yes, we but all face difficult, unexpected, tough, and disappointing times in life,  however, I have learned (and am still learning) that it's not what happens that matters, it's how we respond.

How do you respond when facing adversity?  Do you become bitter or better?  Do you become soft or hard?  Do you tuck tail and run?  Do you give up or keep trying?  Or, do you use your faith and positive action to change the circumstances?


The choice is yours.

The message in this video really hit the nail on the head for me.  Many or you know that over the past few years our family has had our share of adversity, such as, severe injury to my shoulder that required 7 surgeries, a staff infection from one of the surgeries, homelessness (our family lived in a hotel for over a year and a half in St Louis), a major stroke, a church plant failure, the death of my son Devin, just to name a few.
As I watched this video my perspective about difficult times began to change.  I saw that more important than how I feel, the thing that matters most is how I respond.

I really believe this video will bring new perspective to your life.





Copyright © 2010 - 2014 flickspire

Share with your friends if this message touched your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...