Someday I’ll…


Years ago, I heard author/speaker Denis Waitly say something I have never forgotten. He said most people live on a fantasy island called, “Someday I’ll.”

Someday I’ll…

  • Pursue the dreams in my heart.
  • Find my purpose and live it.
  • Set goals and do what it takes to reach them.
  • Write that book I’ve been thinking about for a long time.
  • Start the business I’ve dreamed of starting.
  • Get married and start a family.
  • Start an exercise program and get healthy.
  • You finish the sentence, Someday I’ll_____________________________________
Sadly, most people will never realize the fulfillment of their dream, or live the life they were created to live, not now, not ever.

Why? Because they are waiting for the perfect timing, the right circumstances, someone to give them a break, or the assurance they will never fail.

I am reminded of the scripture that says, “He that observes the wind shall not sow; and he that regards the clouds shall not reap.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4) There is no such thing as the perfect time or the right circumstances. If you are going to live your purpose and see your dreams become a reality you have to get started regardless of the time or circumstances.

Well, I have exciting yet sobering news for you, someday doesn’t exist. Yesterday’s someday has become today. Today is the day you can make the decision to follow the dream in your heart; God’s plan and purpose for your life!

If you are going to experience God’s best for your life, if you are going to live your purpose, if you are going to make a difference in the world around you, then you are going to have to leave “Someday I’ll” and do something today.

The greatest thief of time is procrastination. Putting off till tomorrow what needs to be done today has become the biggest hindrance to success and accomplishment for most people.
My challenge for you today is to get off of “Someday I’ll” and begin right now to live the life God has for you to live. Make the decision to start right now doing something that moves you toward your goals and aspirations.

Today is your day to start living the life God intends for you to live. No more excuses. No more putting it off till later. No more allowing fear to stop you in your tracks. As the old adage goes, “Today is first day of the rest of your life.” Make it count.

Share your comments below.  What have you been putting off till later, and why?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...