Fear Not


In times of uncertainty it is important that we be reminded that as believers we have no need to be afraid or filled with fear. God has promised in His Word to take care of us, to protect us, to heal us, to provide for us, and to watch over us.

The word fear is defined as “A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger. A state or condition marked by this feeling. A feeling of disquiet or apprehension. A reason for dread or apprehension.” Someone has said that FEAR is “False Evidence Appearing Real!” I couldn’t agree more. The vast majority of time the fears we have are unfounded and never even become a reality in our lives. Fear is nothing more than a smoke screen from the enemy (satan) to try to shake our confidence in God and cause us to lose our focus and our momentum.

Here are some of my favorite scriptures regarding God’s instruction for us to not be controlled by fear.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (Psalm 23:4,5)

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3)

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. (Psalm 91:4-7)

Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. (Proverbs 3:25,26)

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. (Romans 8:15)

“6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:6-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...